Friday, August 13, 2010

Old Meets New......

I finally got some time to sit down at my craft desk today and have a play with the special delivery that arrived earlier in the week.

One of the advantages of being a Stampin' Up demonstrator is that just before the new Idea Book & Catalogue is launched each year we get a sneak peak and the chance to preorder some of the things that are new in that catalogue.

I was very proud of myself as I only ordered one set. It's one of the new Level 3 Hostess sets called "Occasional Quotes". There is 12 stamps in this set and I promise you, you are going to LOVE it! There is a sentiment here for every occasion. If you'd like to find out how you can get the "Occasional Quotes" stamp set just send me an email.

Now, onto today's cards. Yes, not one but two today. Both are very similar but they have different "quotes". I've used both retiring and new products hence the title of this post, Old Meets New :)

I made these cards (plus 2 more) to donate to another Stampin' Up demonstrator who is holding a fund raiser for Ovarian Cancer Australia. My father passed away from leukemia 2 years ago while I was pregnant with my youngest son. He fought a very long, brave battle so I know first hand how devastating it can be to have a loved one with cancer. Obviously, I was more than happy to help this worthy cause.

The colours for Ovarian Cancer Australia is teal and white so that is what we were asked to use in our cards. Luckily, I have already stocked up on Taken with Teal as it is retiring at the end of this month.


and




Did you notice the sentiment is in two different colours? As I don't have the Stampin' Write Markers yet what I did was first inked up the stamp in Taken with Teal. Then where I wanted a word in another colour I used my blender pen uninked to "rub off" the colour. After cleaning the blender pen off on scrap paper I then used it again but this time adding the rose red ink and coloured in the words that I wanted that colour. You then give it a "huff" and stamp it onto your card stock. Presto! You have a stamp with two (or more if you wanted) different colours.


Have a good night!

Sandra

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Petal Pizazz, Occasional Quotes
Card Stock - Taken with Teal (retiring), Whisper White
Ink - Taken with Teal (retiring) Summer Sun (retiring) Rose Red and Old Olive
Other - Big Shot, Top Note Die, Scallop Circle punch,  Blender Pen, snail adhesive

2 comments:

All Things Cards said...

Hi Sandra
These cards are just gorgeous and the colours just work so well together. Love Stampin' Up products and their colour combinations.
Will visit regularly to see your new cards.
Cheers
Kym
PS - thanks for your kind comments.

Nikki Stalker said...

These are gorgeous Sandra. I always liked Taken with Teal but hardly used it but your combination looks fantastic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails